niedziela, 25 września 2016

The Tragedy of King Lear



SEARCH TEXTS

The Tragedy of King Lear

---
       
Act V, Scene 2
A field between the two camps. Alarum within.
       
---
Enter, with Drum and Colours, the Powers of France over the stage, Cordelia with her Father in her hand, and exeunt. Enter Edgar and Gloucester.
  • Edgar. Here, father, take the shadow of this tree
    For your good host. Pray that the right may thrive.
    If ever I return to you again,
    I'll bring you comfort. 3110
Exit [Edgar].
Alarum and retreat within. Enter Edgar,
  • Edgar. Away, old man! give me thy hand! away!
    King Lear hath lost, he and his daughter ta'en. 3115
    Give me thy hand! come on!
  • Edgar. What, in ill thoughts again? Men must endure
    Their going hence, even as their coming hither;
    Ripeness is all. Come on. 3120















http://www.opensourceshakespeare.org/views/plays/play_view.php?WorkID=kinglear&Act=5&Scene=2&Scope=scene A man may rot even here. Edgar. What, in ill thoughts again? Men must endure. Their going hence, even as their coming hither; Ripeness is all. Come on. 3120.
Harvard Classics, Vol. 46, Part 3   The Tragedy of King Lear   William Shakespeare  
 

Search:    
  CONTENTS Bibliographic Record  Dramatis Personæ NEW YORK: P.F. COLLIER & SON COMPANY, 1909–14
NEW YORK: BARTLEBY.COM, 2001
   

Introductory Note
Act I
Scene I
Scene II
Scene III
Scene IV
Scene V
Act II
Scene I
Scene II
Scene III
Scene IV
Act III
Scene I
Scene II
Scene III
Scene IV
Scene V
Scene VI
Scene VII
Act IV
Scene I
Scene II
Scene III
Scene IV
Scene V
Scene VI
Scene VII
Act V
Scene I
Scene II
Scene III
http://www.bartleby.com/46/3/

Brak komentarzy: